Quick, valuable thoughts about retail…
For Retailers, analytics tools – I think about reporting and BI applications, “Big Data”, etc. – are vital, priceless, competitive assets that allow answering the following fundamental questions:
- What types of shoppers are visiting my stores?
- What did catch their attention on the shop-floor?
- What did they purchase in-store?
- How many of them are repeat visitors?
- Whom did they engage with? About what?
- …and so on…
Now more than ever, Retail is moving from being a mainly instinct-based industry towards being more Continue reading
When I think of valuable retail Mobile technologies, it’s not the shopper’s smartphone with your branded Apps installed on, but a cutting-edge Mobile POS solution in the hands of your Store-associates; I’m talking about replacing the traditional desk-bound POS stations with Continue reading
As a Retailer (…or brand…), are you evaluating the launch of your branded Mobile App?
Before everything else, consider the following potential issues.
Issue #1 – App installation
Maybe your shoppers are going to install your App on their smartphones, or maybe not:
- in a perfect world, shoppers install a branded App for each retailer (…store/shopping mall/chain of petrol stations/supermarket/…) they visit
- in the real world, a selection necessarily takes place, and only those Apps that are definitely valuable to shoppers (…those that tangibly improve their shopping-experience…) survive
…quick, valuable thoughts about retail…
1) Does your point-rewards loyalty program resemble those of your competitors?
Be aware that what your shoppers understand about your point-rewards loyalty program is that: Continue reading
We already know that, as ecommerce is booming, traditional brick-and-mortar stores are losing their exclusive role of distribution-points for goods.
As a result:
- many traditional retailers are in (deep) trouble
- a few others are going (very) well
Average numbers may suck, nevertheless Continue reading